|All requests||>||private online image gallery||>||Request new recommendation||>||Featured requests||>||No recommendations|
by Daniel Pickering - 8 years ago (2014-11-25)
It must be a private online image gallery where individuals can access separate specified parts of the gallery but not the rest.
Images need to be protected from downloading and display the image name so they can be identified.
2. by Savoul Pelister - 8 years ago (2014-11-26) Reply
Do you mean - each user wil have his/her own gallery, so they can access ( add or delete images form their own gallery ) but not from others.
Also need some clarification:
3. by Daniel Pickering - 8 years ago (2014-12-04) in reply to comment 2 by Savoul Pelister Comment
Yes basically that is the basic. UserA has access to galleryA with options such as: like,share,hide image.
1. by Manuel Lemos - 8 years ago (2014-11-26) Reply
It seems you need a multitenant system of image galleries on which each gallery is owned by different users and other users cannot access the galleries and pictures they do not own, right?
I guess it would have to be managed using a database to store records of users, galleries and pictures.
I do not think there is one gallery system complete like that right now, but may be a nice suggestion for an innovative package to be submitted in the future.
4. by Daniel Pickering - 8 years ago (2014-12-04) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
Yes that sounds like you understand what I am looking for. It need a database system I think that would be the only way to realistically do it.
5. by Manuel Lemos - 8 years ago (2014-12-04) in reply to comment 4 by Daniel Pickering Comment
Yes, for now there is no package in the site that does all that, but maybe somebody has one ready or can adapt an existing gallery to make it work like you wish.
It would certainly would be an innovative solution, so whoever comes with such a solution would be nominated to the Innovation Award like already happened last month with some packages that were submitted to address needs of featured package recommendations.
6. by Daniel Pickering - 8 years ago (2014-12-04) in reply to comment 5 by Manuel Lemos Comment
Cool well if someone does it before I do that would be great or maybe this will be my project. Thanks for the vote btw.
7. by Manuel Lemos - 8 years ago (2014-12-04) in reply to comment 6 by Daniel Pickering Comment
That would also be a valid option, so you can submit the package yourself and get the innovation award nomination for that! :-)
8. by Savoul Pelister - 8 years ago (2014-12-04) in reply to comment 4 by Daniel Pickering Comment
I do wrote a system like that where users will have separate galleries of images painted by them, and only that user will have permission delete images form his/her gallery, while others can just view the paintings, like them and share them, with little modification to hide specific images from gallery it can be done.
9. by Manuel Lemos - 8 years ago (2014-12-05) in reply to comment 8 by Savoul Pelister Comment
Sounds like what Daniel is looking for. As long as it is based in classes of objects, you may want to submit it as a new package.
10. by Savoul Pelister - 8 years ago (2014-12-05) in reply to comment 9 by Manuel Lemos Comment
User-management part is written as class already, but gallery needs work, they are managed through functions, also have to add features to hide specific images. I will try to complete it.
11. by Daniel Pickering - 8 years ago (2014-12-05) in reply to comment 10 by Savoul Pelister Comment
That would be great if you could do that.