PHP Classes

Not quite as advertised

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHPalm Calendar  >  All threads  >  Not quite as advertised  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Not quite as advertised
Summary:Features are not quite as advertised...
Author:Trent DeCamp
Date:2005-02-22 01:34:31
Update:2005-02-23 00:45:29

1. Not quite as advertised   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Trent DeCamp Trent DeCamp - 2005-02-22 01:34:31
With all due respect...
- you may generate a valid XHTML table, but not a valid XHTML page
- CSS implementation is listed as a feature, yet nowhere in the Docs or code is it explained, as far as I can tell.

Please let me know if I'm wrong.

2. Re: Not quite as advertised   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Salettes Rémy Salettes Rémy - 2005-02-22 20:55:46 - In reply to message 1 from Trent DeCamp
First of all, thanks for your interest.
Here's what I think about your remarks :

- I've never mentionned that, by using my class, you'd get a valid XHTML page. The feature you're talking about ("Generates valid XHTML validated by the W3C Validator") means the output generated by the class is valid, not your page.
I hope not to misunderstand your complaint ...

- Your second suggestion is a bit more debatable.
I've never talked about a CSS implementation ; what I mean by "customized using to CSS styles" is you can change the appearence of the calendar using such styles. You could for example display the calendar in a specific <div> and change its background color : this way you'd have customized the calendar. This is not documented as I'm not a CSS tuitor ;)
Although, I admit this is not a true feature but just a possibility ...

If you think either it shouldn't be listed as a feature or I ought to mention in the documentation some ways to customize it using CSS styles, please tell me !

3. Re: Not quite as advertised   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Trent DeCamp Trent DeCamp - 2005-02-23 00:45:29 - In reply to message 2 from Salettes Rémy
Fair enough...thanks for your response.

Neither comment was a complaint, merely an observation or interpretation of the "features" of your class. I think your class is cool. I was just expecting certain things after reading the features.

In my opinion, technically you can style darn near anything so unless you make special considerations in the code of your class to accommodate CSS, then you are simply stating the obvious and it's not really a feature of the class.